original cabbage soup recipe

3:59 PM

Who would have thought that this ordinary green leafy veggie that we use in our usual meal plan everyday can also be a powerful agent for weight loss?

Aside from being one of the most fibrous foods on earth, cabbage is also known to induce fullness, reduce appetite, and facilitate long-term weight loss - that's according to a clinical research.

Okay, let me go straight to the point. I'm talking about the new and I believe the easiest 7 day cabbage soup diet plan. If negative calorie diet is what you want then this is exactly what you are looking for.

I browsed the list of cabbage soup recipes last night, found the easiest one to prepare and tried it for lunch today and guess what... I think I like it!

Since I'm new to this adventure, I tried first the Original Cabbage Soup and here are the ingredients:

  • 1 head cabbage, finely chopped
  • 6 medium onions, chopped
  • 6 green onions, chopped,
  • 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 2 red peppers, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 3 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
  • 5 stalks celery, sliced
  • 4 oz brown rice
  • salt and freshly-ground black pepper
  • olive oil
Preparation

Heat olive oil in a pan and add the vegetables, cook gently for a few minutes and then add enough cold water to cover. Bring the water to boil. Lower heat and then simmer uncovered for ten minutes. Add the rice, cover, and then simmer on low heat until the vegetables and rice are soft. This should take about 15 minutes. Season to taste.

It is that simple. Try it too!

You may also want to visit www.cabbagesoupdietresults.com for more cabbage soup recipes that I'm sure you don't wanna miss trying.

You Might Also Like

0 comments