no bake oatmeal chocolate cookies

11:29 AM

Like what I mentioned to my post to my other blog, I may not be celebrating Christmas this year. I am not looking forward to it... with all the fuss that's going on right now between me, my sister and her bastard husband (forgive me people...but I'm really into a deep madness right now) although I never know yet what that day may bring. Read the full story here.

But no matter how mad I could become, I still cannot deprive my nieces from experiencing what Christmas is like. So we adults may not be having something to share on the Christmas Eve cause I really don't plan on preparing anything but discreetly, I am considering of making this no bake oatmeal cookies JK has suggested for me to make just for the little innocent girls.

Here's what's needed and how to do it:

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa (optional)
  • 4 ounces butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or any kinds of nuts will do although it's optional)
  • 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
Preparation:

Combine sugar, milk, cocoa and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and chopped nuts. Add oatmeal and stir to blend it thoroughly. Dropped by teaspoonful onto waxed paper. Makes about 4 dozens no-bake chocolate oatmeal cookies.

Easy and simple... try it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments